Sidekick Saturday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jaclyn at JC’s Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn’t have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight
• Share a picture and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don’t include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
This weeks sidekick that I adore is Bella from J.R Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I think a lot of people would underestimate the women in this series because most are seen as “little women” to be protected and nourished, they are often nurses, social workers or soft feminine roles compared to the male Heroes of this series.
Why I love Bella
- She is strong
- She has been through hell and back after being captured
- Has tamed the wildest and meanest Brothers
- She never gives up
- and will do anything for the ones she loves.