Love Dystopian books? Then this is just the right thing for you! If you’re as big of a fan as I am of post-apocalyptic dystopia books (and even if your are not) you are welcome to join the challenge!We will try to read 24 Dystopian books in 2013 as the challenge goal, which means 2 per month, if you would like to read them monthly. You can of course make your own schedule. 2 per month is plenty because it still gives you time to explore and love books from other genres.At the end of the year there will also be a giveaway with great prizes!Rules> The challenge will run from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013. Each month will have its own link form so you will be able to share your book reviews. You do not have to review the books you read to participate, but only those who read/reviewed at least one dystopian book will be able to participate in the giveaway (you can track your reading without the reviews with Goodreads, Shelfari etc.).> Books that count in this challenge must include any form of post-apocalyptic theme (book sites like Goodreads are good sources of genre information). The books must befull-length.> All formats allowed.> Rereads allowed.> It does not matter whether it’s a series or a stand-alone book.> If you are participating, grab the challenge button from below and post it on you blog. You can also make a post with the header (the code is also below). Please include the link back to this post so others will be able to participate as well.> If you will participate, put the sign-up link to your blog post (about the challenge) or blog (for the button) directly into the linky below. Sign-ups will be open until December 20, 2013.> You do not have to list your books in advance, go and do as you please. Read as many as you want (you can read more than 24!) and whenever you want, as long as you have fun!> Info about the giveaway will be available in December 2013.LevelsLevel 1: Recruit (1 to 6 books)Level 2: Rebel (7 to 12 books)Level 3: Revolutionist (13 to 18 books)Level 4: Leader (19+ books)Each time you reach a new level, you will receive a badge.
As an avid reader I absolutely love Dystopian novels, they are my favourite genre to read. give me wastelands, Zombies, Viruses, Robots you name it, I crave it so this is a great challenge for me to join, as I am always on the lookout for new dystopians to read.
I am Going for the Rank of Rebel for this year, as this is my first year blogging I don’t want to overwhelm myself too much. But if I happen to read more, then great.
Here is the list of what I have read so far this year.
- The Elite – By Keira Cass
- After the Ending – By Lindsey Fairleigh and Lindsey Pogue
- The Eternity Cure – By Julie Kagawa
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth – By Carrie Ryan
- The Program – By Suzanne Young
- Across the Universe – By Beth Revis
- The Island – by Jen Minkman
- Gameboard of the Gods – Richelle Mead
- The Testing- Joelle Charbonneau
- Mortality – by Kellie Sheridan
- Acid by Emma Pass
- After the Fall by Robin Summers
- In the After by Dimitria Lunetta
- End Dayz by Kellie Sheridan
- The sky so Heavy by Claire Zorn
- Chasing the Valley by Skye Melki Wegnar
- Pawn by Aimee Carter
- Countdown by Michelle Rowan
- Inhuman by Kat Falls
- Book Discussion – Are We living in A Dystopian World? (aussiebookworm.wordpress.com)
- Why is Dystopian Sci-Fi so Popular? (authorallenwatson.wordpress.com)
- The Elite – Review (aussiebookworm.wordpress.com)
- Dystopia Reading Challenge: Wixon’s Day by Phil Williams (racheltsoumbakos.wordpress.com)
- Divergent – Veronica Roth (funwithbooksblog.com)