Sidekick Showcase, previously known as Sidekick Saturday, is a weekly bookish meme, hosted here by Jaclyn at JC’s Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn’t have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! I will post my Sidekicks on Saturday, then whichever day during the week that you would like to post yours, you can put your link in on my page. Just do the following:
• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fit’s in the week’s topic
• Share a picture (if you can) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don’t include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• The day of your post, put your link in below and grab the code for your post so you can see the others that post their’s throughout the week as well
This Weeks Theme Leather Clad
Well Leather Clad could be so many, I love nothing more than a strong sexy hero wearing leather, but sidekick might be a tough one.
When I think of Leather clad heroes/heroines in books my mind goes straight to the Brotherhood. And since they are all one point or another leather clad, I am going to pick the character that mostly appears as the sidekick.
I like Xhex because she is tough, she has survived a lot in her life and she refuses to play the loving kind sweet shellan like the rest of the women in The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series. She is a leather wearing, weapon carrying hard arse and I love her character for that.