Sidekick Showcase, previously known as Sidekick Saturday, is a weekly bookish meme, hosted here by Jaclyn at JC’s Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn’t have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! I will post my Sidekicks on Saturday, then whichever day during the week that you would like to post yours, you can put your link in on my page. Just do the following:
• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fit’s in the week’s topic
• Share a picture (if you can) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don’t include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• The day of your post, put your link in below and grab the code for your post so you can see the others that post their’s throughout the week as well
This Weeks Theme Not who they say they are.
This is a hard choice to do without giving away spoilers so be warned there may be spoilers, You can take this topic a couple of ways either the character is pretending to be someone else to mislead or they want to appear as someone they are not to hide personality traits. I can think of a few in books that I have read recently but since they are going to be spoilers, I am going to go with someone who every has either read or at least been told the story.
The Evil Queen From Snow White
Here are my reasons, She pretends to be a loving wife to the king, but is only in love with herself. She changes her appearance to deceive snow-white and kill her.
I guess really any step mothers from the fairy tales can be part of this sidekick topic because on the outside they are perfect and put together but on the inside they are twisted and evil.
- Sidekick Showcase #2 (aussiebookworm.wordpress.com)