Sidekick Showcase, previously known as Sidekick Saturday, is a weekly bookish meme, hosted here by Jaclyn at JC’s Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn’t have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! I will post my Sidekicks on Saturday, then whichever day during the week that you would like to post yours, you can put your link in on my page. Just do the following:
• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fit’s in the week’s topic
• Share a picture (if you can) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don’t include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• The day of your post, put your link in below and grab the code for your post so you can see the others that post their’s throughout the week as well
This Weeks Theme The living dead
I was caught with this one because The Living Dead could mean a few different things, Vampires, ghosts or Zombies. I have decided to go with a character that keeps popping up in a few different novels, Elvis. In Charlaine Harris Southern Vampire Mysteries Elvis is a Special needs Vampire, who changed his name to bubba, Elvis freaks him out, he was turned in the morgue when he was dying but because of the drugs in his system, something went wrong and he became brain damaged. He is a lovable character and I wish they had kept him in the True Blood Series.
Elvis also shows up as a silent ghost in the Odd Series by Dean Koontz, He is Odds protector and friend and he makes a good companion for odd.
- Sidekick Showcase #2 (aussiebookworm.wordpress.com)