The fault in our stars review
Author: John Green
Published: January 2012
Length: 318 Pages
Publisher: Dutton Books
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten.
Wow this book gave me a book hangover, I finished it last night and I am still thinking about it.
Hazel is a sixteen year old girl that has cancer, a wonder drug has given her a few more years of life, which Hazel now has to determine how to use them. Hazels parents force her to go to a support group for teens which turns out to be the best thing for her, she meets her friend Issac who has cancer in his eyes and struggles to cope with losing his eyesight, and Gus who has bone cancer and has lost his leg.
This story may be from Hazel’s point of view but really we are getting a feel of everyone’s stories, from Gus and Isaacs struggles to the parents and their struggles to accept that their children will not be around forever.
The fault in our Stars is a heartbreaking, raw and original I bawled my eyes out. Each character stood out and I became emotionally involved with each character, including Hazels parents.
I highly recommend this book for anyone, it is a perfect mix of humor, heartbreak and romance.
- 2) Allegiant by Veronica Roth (readthroughtheyear.wordpress.com)
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth (Book Review) (bottledhollywood.wordpress.com)
- Book Review! Allegiant by Veronica Roth. (theyasminepubliclibrary.wordpress.com)
- Divergent Series (mariahkeryn.wordpress.com)
- ALLEGIANT by Veronica Roth | Review (nadiareads1.wordpress.com)
- “The Fault in Our Stars” by John Green (booksanonymousblog.wordpress.com)
- Review: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (thenighttimenovelist.wordpress.com)
- Just Finished: The Fault in our Stars (theaginglovely.wordpress.com)
- The Fault In Our Stars (edenlily95.wordpress.com)