Top ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the broke and the bookish. each week a different question is posted and as a blogger you have to answer them.
This weeks question:
Ten Books About Friendship
1. Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne, The friendships between Pooh, piglet and the gang are so sweet and my first introduction to friendship.
2. Harry Potter Series by J.K Rowling, Nothing could break the bonds between Harry, Hermione and Ron.
“Harry – you’re a great wizard, you know.”
“I’m not as good as you,” said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let go of him.
“Me!” said Hermione. “Books! And cleverness! There are more important things – friendship and bravery and – oh Harry – be careful!”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
3. Vampire Academy by Richelle Meade, Rose and Lissa are more than best friends, with their bond even apart they are inseparable and Rose would die for her.
4. The Black Dagger Brotherhood, All those yummy, yummy men that Constantly risk their lives for each other and share a deep bond.
“That’s you,” Wrath said. You shall be called the Black Dagger warrior Dhestroyer, descended of Wrath son of Wrath.”
“But you’ll always be Butch to us,” Rhage cut in. “As well as hard-ass. Smart-ass. Royal pain in the ass. You know, whatever the situation calls for. I think as long as there’s an ASS in there, it’ll be accurate.”
“How about bASStard?” Z suggested.
“Nice. I feel that.”
— J.R. Ward (Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4))
5.The Fault in our stars, although a romance, the relationship between Augustus and Hazel I also believe it is about friendship too, The bonds that they shared between them was more than their illness or romance this also showed through with their friendship with Issac as well, they were all there for each other through their worst and their best.
“May I see you again?” he asked. There was an endearing nervousness in his voice.
I smiled. “Sure.”
“Tomorrow?” he asked.
“Patience, grasshopper,” I counseled. “You don’t want to seem overeager.
“Right, that’s why I said tomorrow,” he said. “I want to see you again tonight. But I’m willing to wait all night and much of tomorrow.” I rolled my eyes. “I’m serious,” he said.
“You don’t even know me,” I said. I grabbed the book from the center console. “How about I call you when I finish this?”
“But you don’t even have my phone number,” he said.
“I strongly suspect you wrote it in this book.”
He broke out into that goofy smile. “And you say we don’t know each other.”
— John Green (The Fault in Our Stars)
6. Tomorrow when the War Began Series, by John Marsden. Ellie and her friends had to be strong and rely on each other to survive the horrors of their country being over run. They were willing to die and kill for each other.
7. The Vampire Diaries by L.J Smith,
The Friendships between Elena, Meredith, Bonnie and Matt are a huge feature throughout the series they help each other, and are willing to die for each other.
8. The Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris, Most people probably think sex when you think about True Blood where it is true that most of Sookie’s friends wanted to sleep with her, she still managed to stay friends with the ones that she wasn’t sleeping with. Eric, Bill, Alcide and Sam are always there for her and she is always there for them.
Ok I am all listed out I am sure there are more but I am tired and my kids are screaming at me. Can’t wait to see what others have said.